Coastrek Vollie Roles
Here is a brief taste to see what you may like to do.
- You are a People person – we need lots of people to cheer on the teams and create a festive atmosphere. You could also be helping out at Luv Stop (showing teams where to check-in, sending them on their way in the best way possible) OR be the ‘host with most’ (e.g. preparing simple snacks like cutting up fruit, ensuring supplies are renewed, etc).
- You Luv attention to Detail – can include helping out at a Luv Stop by way of manually recording each team as they come through the Stop or at the Finish Line (a back-up to the electronic recording system and very important).
- You would like to Sit – you could help with registration which means giving out the event bibs to teams at the Registration site or working at a Luv Stop.
- You want to be Active – you’re happy moving things around and lifting / moving things into place. You may be helping put the finishing touches on one of the sites or ensuring all the gear gets packed up and collected.
- You enjoy the wide open spaces – you would be out on the route somewhere which means being a Marshall – pointing teams in the correct direction in bits that may be a bit confusing, and being a friendly and encouraging voice. Ideally you can get to the location yourself. It is a great job to do with a friend. PLEASE NOTE: The marshall shift times may vary from the options listed on the Vollie registration page. Your flexibility would be really appreciated ?
- You can’t help out on Event Day – there are a couple of jobs that need to be done either side of event day, like: letterbox drop to local residents & businesses letting them know the event is going to be on; sorting gear at event HQ to make sure it gets to the correct location.
- You’re flexible – you don’t mind what you end up doing or where you go. You love a surprise!
All Vollies will receive a small gift and be provided a meal / snacks on the day. We will make sure that you are fully informed and know what to do with an allocated Team Leader and any equipment needed for your role. And… we guarantee you’ll have an awesome day!
Sunshine Coastrek Volunteer Locations
View a map of the route & location of the Luv Stops HERE
60km Event START: Dicky Beach, Coochin St, Dicky Beach
60km KISS Stop: Kawana Surf Club, 99 Pacific Blvd, Buddina
60km Luv Stop 1: La Balsa Park, Harbour Parade, Buddina
60km Luv Stop 2 AND 30km event START: Mudjimba Surf Life Saving Club , Mudjimba Esplanade, Mudjimba
Luv Stop for both events: Peregian Beach Surf Life Saving Club, 5-11 Kingfisher Dr, Peregian Beach
KISS Stop: Sunshine Beach Surf Life Saving Club, Duke St, Sunshine Beach
Coastrek FINISH: Noosa Woods, Claude Batten Dr (off Hastings St), Noosa Heads